The Law Society of Ontario has issued an update on the 2021 Toronto summer student recruitment procedures to facilitate an equitable and timely process for all participants. For more information visit the LSO’s website. In 2021, all OCI interviews will be virtual.
The LSO has implemented a staggered application process for the recruitment of all students in 2021. Applications will be collected by employers on two separate dates via viLawPortal:
1) Group A – Application deadline is Monday, January 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
2) Group B – Application deadline is Monday, January 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
The Group B deadline includes:
NB: For general information about these programs visit the National Committee on Accreditation website.
- ITLNCA OCI will host a virtual OCI Prep Workshop – DATE TBD.
- More information about this event will be shared on our website and social media as it becomes available
- All ITLNCA OCIs with Toronto firms will take place on Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
- If you experience technical difficulties during your OCI interview, the relevant make-up days will be Friday, February 12, 2021 and Friday, February 19, 2021.
- Toronto Call Day is Monday, February 22, 2021. If you are successful in your OCI interview, you will be contacted directly by the Toronto firms on Call Day to invite you to participate in a second round of interviews (known as “In-Firm Week”)
- Toronto’s In-Firm Week starts at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 4, 2021.
- The location of interviews during In-Firm Week and the methods by which interviews are conducted fall within the discretion of the interviewing firm.
- In-Firm Week interviews are currently contemplated in person, though this is subject to change due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- The communication of offers of employment from Toronto firms shall not be made before 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 4, 2021. All offers made at or after 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 4, 2021, shall be allowed to remain open until at least 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 5, 2021
- Further information regarding the logistics of OCI interviews (including the length of each interview and platform to be used i.e. Zoom, Microsoft teams etc.) is TBD. This information will be updated on ITLNCA’s website as it becomes available.
Applicants please note that ITLNCA OCIs are only open for the Toronto 2L summer positions (in the Ontario Region) at this time. This means that only the Toronto Offices of the participating firms will be available to interview candidates on Tuesday, February 2, 2021. ITLNCA OCIs is not a national OCI event at this time.
NB: Relevant Blackout Periods:
- If you have any questions about the Procedures, you may contact the Law Society of Ontario at email@example.com
- If you are an Ontario legal employer interested in learning more information or participating in ITLNCA OCIs please reach out to the OCI organizers Bencher Atrisha Lewis and Samantha Del Frate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note ITLNCA OCIs 2021 in the subject line of your email.
A special thank you to the Toronto firms that participated in OCIs 2019 and the Ontario Bar Association for hosting!